April Wellness Challenge
Our wellness challenge for the month is to walk 2-3 times per week in nature. Walking is considered a good way to burn extra calories with low impact on the joints. Walking daily in nature as an exercise activity is said to increase longevity. Nature has a tremendous impact on our health. Research reveals that certain environments can increase or reduce stress, which impacts our bodies. Nature heals, reduces, stress, and anger. Since the weather is getting nice, walking outside is fantastic, but you can walk at the Rec Center, if the weather is not nice.
We hope you enjoy the rest of the month.
To educate, support, and empower employees and their dependents to improve and maintain their overall health and well-being through healthy lifestyle choices and to create a culture of wellness throughout the Ogallala Community.
- Encourage all employees of the city of Ogallala to participate in the wellness program
- Long term commitment to the wellness program
- Educate employees on a long term lifestyle change
- Improve Employee Moral
- Improve Employee Productivity
- Increase recruitment and employee retention.
- Reduced health care costs
- Weight Reduction
- Improved physical fitness
- Increased Stamina
- Lowers Levels of stress
- Increased well-being, self image, and self esteem
- Any permanent full time and permanent part time employee upon completion of the initial 6 month evaluation period.
- Spouses are included.
- Any employee under the age of 21 is exempt from the wellness bio-metric readings. They do have to complete the HRA, BPM SKF%, HT, WGT to be eligible.
- Wellness Wednesday Bio-metric Readings
- Monthly Exercise Cards
- Monthly Challenges
- Wellness Education Classes