This month’s challenge is to keep a food log. We have done this before, but practice makes perfect. When keeping a food log, track, date, time, and the food you ate. Also track the fluids you drink. There are handy smartphone apps that should help with this. MYFITNESPAL is one if the best ones that we recommend. Go old school if you prefer pen and paper. Keeping a food journal is one of the keys to a successful weightless program.
To educate, support, and empower employees and their dependents to improve and maintain their overall health and well-being through healthy lifestyle choices and to create a culture of wellness throughout the Ogallala Community.
- Encourage all employees of the city of Ogallala to participate in the wellness program
- Long term commitment to the wellness program
- Educate employees on a long term lifestyle change
- Improve Employee Moral
- Improve Employee Productivity
- Increase recruitment and employee retention.
- Reduced health care costs
- Weight Reduction
- Improved physical fitness
- Increased Stamina
- Lowers Levels of stress
- Increased well-being, self image, and self esteem
- Any permanent full time and permanent part time employee upon completion of the initial 6 month evaluation period.
- Spouses are included.
- Any employee under the age of 21 is exempt from the wellness bio-metric readings. They do have to complete the HRA, BPM SKF%, HT, WGT to be eligible.
- Wellness Wednesday Bio-metric Readings
- Monthly Exercise Cards
- Monthly Challenges
- Wellness Education Classes